Sunday, January 18, 2015

Book Club Meetings

Here's my vision:

- Meet the first Saturday of every month. 6:30pm to....  whenever? :)

- I'm happy to host these club meetings here at my house. And then we can decide if we should keep meeting here, or venture into different settings.  Whatev's!

- Members aspire to read the books ... Not reading will not get you evicted, so come anyway if you don't read.  Just be someone who WANTS to read the/a book (like... someday! ...Someday you'll have the time, the energy, the space, the silence in your life.. maybe right now's not that time, but someday you wanna!...) ...and you'll fit right in.

- We'll start with social time. Food, drinks, chat, friendship ....  then we'll talk about the book! (I'd aim for an hour for each and then some time afterward to just talk some more... depending on how everyone's feeling that particular night.)

- Books will be selected by interested club members... I'm hoping that maybe Gone Girl would be a fun first pick, but I'm not married to it -- I'm totally up for suggestions/vote!  Someday, I also want to read The Kite Runner, and Eat Pray Love.  There are a hundred more, but those are the ones that came to my mind right away.

- I'd like to find a group that would be somewhere between 8 and 12 friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment